sábado, 1 de agosto de 2009

arriving to Polska

it all happend waaaay fast at the beginning: i went to the embassy one week and on the following one i bought my filght ticket on monday, get the visa on friday morning and took my plane the same night (yeah, with no visa i would had had problem, hehe). from Lima i had as stop overs Houston, USA (5 hours) and then NY (in theory 40 min, but my flight was late and i lost my connection so they sent me through Amsterdam) and finally Bruxelles where my friend Joke picked me up :) (thanks!) we hung out both on Mechlen and her village and then went to rest to Leuven. the day after i took my flight from Charleroi (long life to Ryanair!) n arrived to Wrocław (you should pronounce it as Brotsuaf if you speak spanish as me). then, i departed in the midnight between friday and saturday... and arrived to my destination on monday night, nice trip, hu?





bald trees, freaking cold days (i like to say it was "cold as hell"... but doesn't make much sense), unknown language, weird and squared buildings... couldnt avoid to ask myself: "what was i thinking about!?". just in the airport i felt i was in a waaay different world... but it felt much better when i was picked up and could saw how friendly people was :) thanks Gosia, Magda n Julita! when arriving to the AIESEC office i could confirm polish are friendly





of course at the beginning it was way harder to do anything that involved talking... even paying a bill! but i succeed on surviving thanks to my friends and to the few polish words i learned. but anyway, to get some detailed stuff in Biedronka, Eko or anywhere else with groceries... this very different language was a problem, but as i said... not critical: i can eat bread with butter for many days :P but thanks to my brazilian friend Nano i could make it to eat decent food... at least it looked decent :p i really had this feeling of being living in the USSR some years back.

getting to know Wroclaw was not that hard... after i catched the tram in the opposite way. i walked a lot with Nano on my 2nd or 3rd day and had some notion of where to go and get stuff. Basia (my buddie) was also very kind and i felt good she was taking care of me, felt very safe :)

1 comentario:

  1. Hey, you are so good at propaganda!!!! thanks for you video my bday:>
    Miss the great time with you...we had so many jojojojojokes...
    Qing

    ResponderEliminar

if u lost the way


View F - Enter yout future in a larger map



AIESEC

AIESEC is the world’s largest student-run organization. Active in over 1700 universities across more than 107 countries and territories, our international platform enables young people to explore and develop their leadership potential for them to have a positive impact in society.

In partnership with business and higher education, AIESEC has over 60 years of experience in developing high-potential students into globally minded responsible leaders.

AIESEC' s innovative development process consists of unmatched leadership experiences,international opportunities and a global learning environment.

AIESEC uses an innovative approach to engaging and developing today’s youth. By offering opportunities to build extensive international personal networks and explore leadership opportunities, we provide a platform for young people to discover direction and ambition for their futures.